[gmx-users] Re: Re: help with gmx C source code

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:21:06 CEST 2009

You should put the cflags on the configure command line, I use:
configure --enable-debug CFLAGS="-O0 -msse2 -g"

Berk

Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:51:45 +0300
From: InonShar at TAU.ac.IL
To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
Subject: [gmx-users] Re: Re: help with gmx C source code

            Hi Alex! (and everyone else)

            Re: help with gmx C source code

            set the CFLAGS environment variable with

        CFLAGS="-O0 -g3"

            and then installed, using

            ./configure

            make

            make install

            but it seems that I'm still doing something wrong, because when I do

            gdb mdrun

            there appear to still be no debugging symbols in the program:

            (gdb) file mdrun

            Reading symbols from /usr/bin/mdrun...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

            (gdb) file mdrun_d

            Reading symbols from /usr/bin/mdrun_d...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

            Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

            Thanks for all the help,

            --

            Inon   Sharony

            ינון     שרוני

            +972(3)6407634

            atto.TAU.ac.IL/~inonshar

            Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.