[gmx-users] Error while scaling mdrun for more number of nodes.

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 11:52:08 CEST 2009

You should read the manual, look in the index for domain decomposition.
For domain decomposition the unit-cell is divided into n sub-cells n=nx*ny*nz.
If n is a prime, you can only decompose in one dimension and 57 cells in one
dimension is often not possible due to certain restrictions.
Also 57 is inconvenient for PME, whether you use separate PME nodes or not.

Berk