[gmx-users] nvt.gro

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Sep 25 19:53:25 CEST 2009

ram bio wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> As suggested, i increased the force constant in the Z dimension from
> 1000 to 10000, and did the NVT equillibration, but still the gap
> existed, then i gave the output of nvt equillibration that is nvt.gro as
> input for the NPT anneling simulation (suggested as with position
> constraints, 1000) and simulated and here also i had gap .between layers
> when npt.gro was viewed in VMD.
>
> I have a query that is can I use nvt equllibrated system as input for
> NPT simualated annealing or should I use the initial ionized and
> minimized system for the NPT annaelated simulation, as the gap is still
> persisting...

Use the energy-minimized system as the input into annealing.  I have no idea why
this separation would be happening in this system, unless the box has been
prepared improperly.  I chose the KALP-DPPC system because it is very robust in
everything we've tried to subject it to.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar