R: RE: R: RE: [gmx-users] Tabulated potential - Problem

albitauro at virgilio.it albitauro at virgilio.it
Tue Sep 29 14:17:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

in order to check further which kind of problems are present when using
tabulated potential, I carried out two simulations on the same system by using the same harmonic
potential for bond stretching but either in analytical form or in tabulated form respectively. The
results of the two simulations are different!
I repeated the calculationis on just two bonded particles and I verified that when using
analytical stretching potentials 1-2 LJ interactions are excluded while they
are not excluded when using tabulated potential.
Am I right?

This should mean that I have to use a function type 8 and list explicitly the elements of the [
exclusions ] field or is there another method?

Thanks

Alberto