[gmx-users] Re: insert silicon atoms into ice structure (Justin A. Lemkul)

Santan William gmxwilliam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 04:06:54 CEST 2010

Thanks for reply.
I intended to add some silicon atoms just into ice structure, so the
simulation box only containing ice. You said there probably isn't enough
space for them in the box. Did you mean I can't insert these atoms into ice
structure if the box only containing ice?
Is there any other way to insert silicon atoms into a solid ice structure?
Thanks a lot.

Best,
william

Santan William wrote:
> Dear GMXusers,
>         I wanna insert several silicon atoms into an ice crystal. I use
> genbox with a Silicon.pdb, but there's no any silicon atom in the out
> file. Do I miss anything? Anyone has some comments? Thanks a lot.

If zero atoms were inserted, there probably isn't enough space for them in
the box.

-Justin