[gmx-users] Re: Query regarding Gromacs

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 7 12:58:45 CEST 2010

Please keep all Gromacs-related correspondence on the gmx-users list.  I am not
a private tutor or help service, and you stand a much better chance of getting
an answer by contacting the community.

I have never worked with a system like yours, so I don't know why you'd assume I
have such a protocol.  In general, you should principally be concerned with
deriving proper parameters for your copper ion and quinone:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization

Please realize that parameterization is a very advanced topic (especially note
the "Exotic Species" heading in the above page).

I have no idea what you mean by "the heteroatoms are getting converted to atoms"
- is there some issue with PDB nomenclature (HETATM/ATOM)?  If so, there is no
problem.

-Justin

charanya wrote:
> Dear Mr. Justin A. Lemkul,
>
> I am working on copper dependent amine oxidases which have quinone and copper
> cofactors. These are essential for the proper functioning of the enzyme.When I tried
> to minimize the complex, the heteroatoms are getting converted to atoms. I request you
> to kindly provide me with a protocol as to how to minimize these kind of proteins.
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration.
>
> Regards,
> Charanya Muralidharan
> Dept of Biochemistry, cell biology & Bioinformatics
> Sankara Nethralaya
> 18 College Road
> Chennai . 600 006
> Phone: 044-28271616 Fax: 044-28254180
> Please visit our web site:  www.supportsankaranethralaya.org
>
> FOR CORRECTION OF REFRACTIVE ERRORS WITH EXCIMER LASER PLEASE CALL: 0 93821
> 47796 & 0 93801 07258 OR E MAIL:lasik at snmail.org
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This transmittal is a confidential communication. If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
> transmittal in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
> this transmittal is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
> error, please notify this office immediately by reply and immediately delete this
> message and all of its attachments, if any.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee