[gmx-users] position_restraint anfd full Dynamics and berendsen Nose hoover Thermostat

shahid nayeem msnayeem at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 07:57:37 CEST 2010

Please see the following pr.mdp and full.mdp
pr.mdp

cpp = /usr/bin/cpp

define = -DPOSRES

constraints = all-bonds

integrator = md

dt = 0.002 ; ps !

nsteps = 50000 ; total 100 ps.

nstcomm = 1

nstxout = 500

nstvout = 1000

nstfout = 0

nstlog = 10

nstenergy = 10

nstlist = 10

ns_type = grid

rlist = 1.0

rcoulomb = 1.0

rvdw = 1.0

; Berendsen temperature coupling is on in two groups

Tcoupl = berendsen

tc-grps = Protein    Non-protein

tau_t = 0.1      0.1

ref_t = 500     500

; Energy monitoring

energygrps = Protein Non-protein

; Pressure coupling is not on

Pcoupl = no

tau_p = 0.5

compressibility = 4.5e-5

ref_p = 1.0

; Generate velocites is on at 500 K.

gen_vel = yes

gen_temp = 500.0

gen_seed = 173529

full.mdp

cpp = /usr/bin/cpp

constraints = all-bonds

integrator = md

dt = 0.002 ; ps !

nsteps = 50000000 ; total 100000 ps.

nstcomm = 1

nstxout = 5000

nstvout = 40000

nstfout = 0

nstlog = 100

nstenergy = 100

nstlist = 10

ns_type = grid

rlist = 1.0

rcoulomb = 1.0

rvdw = 1.0

; Berendsen temperature coupling is on in two groups

Tcoupl = berendsen

tc-grps = Protein   Non-protein

tau_t = 0.1    0.1

ref_t = 500     500

; Energy monitoring

energygrps = Protein Non-protein

; Isotropic pressure coupling is now on

Pcoupl = berendsen

Pcoupltype = isotropic

tau_p = 0.5

compressibility = 4.5e-5

ref_p = 1.0

; Generate velocites is off at 500 K.

gen_vel = no

gen_temp = 500.0

gen_seed = 173529

Please tell me why protein shows unfolding in very first frame.

msnayeem