[gmx-users] Question about setting deprotonated cys in enzyme structure ....

Alberto Sergio Garay sgaray at fbcb.unl.edu.ar
Tue Apr 13 21:23:12 CEST 2010

Dear all

I am preparing the topology for my enzyme molecule using pdb2gmx tool.
But first of all, I run a PROPKA program in order to assign the
correct protonation state for my molecule. As a result of this
calculation I obtained a pair of cysteines which should be
deprotonated at pH 7 (fisiological pH), and others which should be
protonated (the most of them).

I have two questions: 1) Is it a correct aproximation to accept the
protonation state obtained by these kind of methods to assign the
charges of my enzyme's residues?

2) How can I manage to select which cysteines are deprotonated and
which are not, using pdb2gmx tool?

Any help will appreciated.

--
Dr. Sergio Garay