[gmx-users] OpenMM

PACIELLO GIULIA giulia.paciello at polito.it
Wed Apr 14 11:10:57 CEST 2010

Well,
I have used the option -rerun to 'rerun' on CPU the
simulation from the parallel code. As you can see in the
following tables, results are very similar for non bonded
terms, but not for the other energetic terms (these are
avereges obtained from g_energy):

PARALLEL CODE
Angle:     4256.27
Prop-di:   322.302
R-B:       3101.14
LJ-14:      2107.6
Coul-14:     15212
LJ(SR):   -3410.22
Coul(SR): -29368.3
RF(excl): -9425.23
Pot.En:   -17204.5
Kin.En:    5243.87
Tot.En:   -11960.6

SERIAL CODE:
Angle:     6089.56
Prop-di:   466.121
R-B:       3677.95
LJ-14:     2234.85
Coul-14:   15149.8
LJ(SR):      -3144
Coul(SR): -29240.7
RF(excl): -9425.25
Pot.En:   -14191.7
Kin.En:    8262.96
Tot.En:   -5929.78

I can't use the -reprod option, but I have noticed that
the .gro files after the energy minimization are very
similar (I have performed this minimization on the .gro
files obtained running the parallel and serial
codes)...systems are converging to the same equilibrium
ensamble?

I'm thankful for your help,
Giulia