[gmx-users] Re: ffcharmm27 for HEME

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 15 11:17:18 CEST 2010

On 15/04/2010 7:11 PM, Ramachandran G wrote:
> Hello Par:
>         Using the latest git i could able to work on my  oxy-hemoglobin
> system with new gromacs version 4.0.5 successfully. But since my new
> gromacs version was not installed in parallel i tried using older
> version of gromacs 3.3.1 which was installed in parrallel. While doing
> grompp to get the *.tpr file, i am getting the below error.
> Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.1
> Source code file: topdirs.c, line: 103
>
> Fatal error:
> Invalid dihedral type 9

Don't bother with 3.3.1 at all, and don't install 4.0.5 (which has had
many bugs fixed in 4.0.7). Just wait for 4.0.7 to be installed.

Firstly, you have the above compatibility problem. Secondarily, the way
parallel simulations are managed has changed significantly. Search the
GROMACS webpage for discussion here.

Mark