[gmx-users] conversion of desmond trajectory files into gromacs

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Sat Apr 17 22:29:54 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 7:54 AM, XAvier Periole <x.periole at rug.nl> wrote:

> Really? This is really great!
> Is there any need to specify the location of the vmd libraries?

By default it tries to find them at
 /usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/*/molfile

If you have them installed somewhere else you can specify it by setting
the VMD_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable.

If a tpr file is needed for the analysis (eg: trjconv -pbc mol) is this
> somehow still possible?

It would be pretty simple to add, that one can read this molecule
information also from pdb or from psf. But I didn't have time to do it. In
case you are interested to do that, I can give you help doing it.

Until someone implements it, one still needs the tpr file. For cases where
it is difficult to generate a top file we have a version of psfgen which
generates a top file from a psf. But we don't have solved the license issue
so far (NAMD license) and thus can't provide this version yet.

Roland