[gmx-users] Re: Gromacs issue

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 19 14:45:11 CEST 2010

Please keep GROMACS correspondence on the mailing list. You stand a much
better chance of getting a useful reply that can be saved for the future.

On 19/04/2010 10:35 PM, Martin Vartorelli wrote:
> Hi, I'm a Gromacs user. I have a problem and I couldn't find any
> answer in the mailing list and I'm very hurry.

That's irrelevant to whether you should be pestering an individual who
hasn't solicited your correspondence :-)

> I'm asking you because I think that you already has an issue like mine.

No, I've never had an issue like yours. You don't want to irritate the
people who might be best place to help you by spamming them.

> I'm trying to use tabulated potentials for a very simple system: a
> polymer chain with only 3 kind of atoms: A, B and C, all of it with
> zero charge.
>
> A--(B)n--C
>
> The only interactions that accounts are AB, AC, BB and CC, so in my
> mdp file I have writen:
>
> coulombtype = user
> vdw-type    = user
> energygrps      = A B C
> energygrp_table = AB AC BB BC
>
> Also, I'm using tabulated bonded potentials for bonds and angles.
>
> The main questions are how to tell to mdrun that he must read my table
> files and can I be sure that the reading is OK?

Make sure you've read the manual and relevant wiki web page thoroughly,
and you should experiment on a simple system first.

Mark