[gmx-users] genbox

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 20 15:12:44 CEST 2010

fahimeh bafti wrote:
> Thank you Justin
> but I end up with a new error. now in the insert.pdp file I have a
> molecule which I need to add 4 copy of that inside the solute.pdb
> genbox_d -ci insert.pdb -nmol 4 -cp solute.pdb
>
> but it gave me:
>
> Fatal error:
> more then one residue in insert molecules
> program terminated

Then you have two options:

1. Use the development (git) version of the code, which I believe can now deal
with multi-residue molecules.
2. Use editconf to position all the components of your system.

You could, I suppose, hack your "insert.pdb" to contain one residue (i.e.,
through renaming and renumbering) and then convert it back, but that sounds like
a mess.  Probably #2 is the easiest.

-Justin