[gmx-users] Finishing time donot showing

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 20 16:21:27 CEST 2010

Bharath.K wrote:
> Hello all....
> i got a system crash at some steps..
> after creating the new .trr file using command tpbconv and running MDS
> by mdrun command the approximate finishing time is not showing.....
> and also a warning is showing as
>
> WARNING: this run may generate approximately 4583292 Mb of data....
>
> is there any changes that i should do while giving the command and can i
> continue with this warning.....

Are you using the -v flag with mdrun?  That's the only way I know of to get
approximate completion time.  If you are using -v, then it could just be that
your simulation is very slow, a behavior that depends on the size of the system,
available computing resources, node interconnect, etc.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee