[gmx-users] parallel simulation in dual core PC

Arden Perkins perkina2 at eou.edu
Wed Apr 21 19:12:29 CEST 2010

Did you preprocess the .tpr file for 2 cores with grompp? Also, I believe
you have to have an additional -np 2 after the mdrun_mpi command: mpirun -np
2 mdrun_mpi -s 200ns.tpr -e 200ns.edr -o 200ns.trr -g 200ns.log
-c 200ns.gro -np 2
-- at least this is what I understand from what my prof told me. We just
started running parallel simulations for an undergraduate research project
and I believe that is how we input commands. I'm sure the gromacs experts
will correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck!

Arden