[gmx-users] more than one peptide in one simulation box

shahid nayeem msnayeem at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 09:07:13 CEST 2010

Dear Mark
Following your advice I started using three peptide in one simulation box.
Iwas able to add these with genconf as previously in ordered manner,
generated .gro with genconf, solvated it and after energy minimization I did
MD run for 10ns. Everything ran well. In the end when I see the trajectory I
find unfolding of the original chain but the two additional peptide
introduced through genconf show appearance of new secondary structures. Even
in these two the secondary structure do not develop at the same point. Why
the three equivalent peptide behave differently in similar environment. How
can I explain this observation. why the first peptide does not show any new
secondary structure. Sholud I go with higher number of molecule. Will it
make any difference if peptides are added in disordered manner and then
simulated.
Shahid