[gmx-users] help

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 27 13:33:35 CEST 2010

vani ms wrote:
> hello
> i got the warning as the Warning: "1-4 interaction between 246 and 251
> at distance 4.991 which is larger than the 1-4 table size 2.400 nm
> These are
>
> ignored for the rest of the simulation
> This usually means your system is exploding,
> if not, you should increase table-extension in your mdp file
> or
>
> with user tables increase the table size
> Segmentation fault"
>

> so tl me wt actually is table extension and table size in mdp file

Your system is blowing up.  This is a well-documented event resulting from any
number of factors, including insufficient minimization/equilibration, topology
problems, incorrect .mdp file settings, and the like.  For more:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors#1-4_interaction_not_within_cut-off
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up

If you want useful help, post a description of your system, how you built it,
what you did to minimize and/or equilibrate, and what settings are in your .mdp
file.  Also please avoid abbreviating words for which there is no sensible
reason.  It makes reading emails difficult.

> WITH REGARDS
> VANI

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate