[gmx-users] Constrained simulations crash when bilayer moves in the z direction in the box

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Tue Apr 27 13:41:39 CEST 2010

The crash seems to be expected as by crossing the pbc the distance
will change significantly
and in way the algorithm can not handle.

Note that the overall translational motion of your system should
always be removed.

The removal of the COM motion of your bilayer should be sufficient to
prevent the overall
motion of the bilayer. have a look at the following option in the mdp:
; mode for center of mass motion removal
comm-mode                = Linear
; number of steps for center of mass motion removal
nstcomm                  = 1
; group(s) for center of mass motion removal
comm-grps                = membrane solvent+ions