[gmx-users] how many dihedral angles should be included for the naphthalene molecule if I use oplsaa

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 28 00:43:42 CEST 2010

Ming Han wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to test a MD simulation job for the naphthalene molecule by the
> oplsaa force field by. The x2top generated less number of dihedral
> angles than what I expected. Do you know how many dihedral angles
> should be included for the naphthalene molecule if I use oplsaa?

It would be helpful to see the [dihedrals] directive that x2top produced, as
well as an explanation of what you think you should've gotten.  Just saying you
got less than what you thought isn't very informative.  You may also want to
consult the primary literature for OPLS to see the derivation of bonded
parameters and how they might be applied to naphthalene.

-Justin

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Ming

Justin A. Lemkul