[gmx-users] Constrained simulations crash when bilayer moves in the z direction in the box

ERIKSSON, EMMA E.ERIKSSON1 at nuigalway.ie
Thu Apr 29 14:56:13 CEST 2010

Hi again,
I thought your suggestions would work for my membrane, but it seems like the removal of COM translation of the bilayer and water separately does not stop the system from translating in the box. My new simulations are now soon crashing again since the lipids are crossing the pbc. I was using two comm-grps, one containing DPPC_CHOL_MOL and one with water. How is it possible that the system still is able to translate? Is there any other way to do this? Otherwise I have to manually translate the system back to its original position in the box after the simulation has crashed and then continue the simulation, but this is not very good since I cannot use the checkpoint file then and the continuation is not exact. Any suggestion what to do? Thanks in advance.
Emma