[gmx-users] TI calculation in vacuum gives number which is not zero for small molecule.

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 09:36:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

You use reaction-field (even generalized rf, which I wouldn't use).

Reaction-field also has a correction for excluded pairs.

So rf, correctly, shows an effect of decoupling the molecule

from the surrounding dielectric.

PS using mdrun -seppot will show in the log file that the contribution

to dhdl is from rf-excl.

Berk