[gmx-users] Precision in trajectory file

Baofu Qiao qiaobf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 13:26:44 CEST 2010

The number of digits in .gro( or .pdb) is crudely fixed because of the
format. Otherwise, it cannot be recognized by other softwares, like VMD.

For the .trr files, I guess, if you are indeed running double-precision
GMX, the leap-frog integrator is using double-precision coordinates, but
the printed value in .trr is also truncated due to the format problem.