[gmx-users] new beta release - gromacs-4.5-beta2

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Aug 4 08:16:43 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-04 03.37, Elio Cino wrote:
> Here is the mdp using implicit solvent:

Since the charmm force field has some instances with large charge groups
(grompp warns you for it) it is advisable to use a longer cut-off (or no
cut-off at all, by setting them all to 0). I've run 200 ns simulations
with 1.5 nm and nstlist = 5 and a timestep of 2 fs and constraints =
all-bonds.

> ;
> ; File 'mdout.mdp' was generated
> ; By user: onbekend (0)
> ; On host: onbekend
> ; At date: Mon Aug 2 18:37:57 2010
> ;
>

> ; VARIOUS PREPROCESSING OPTIONS
> ; Preprocessor information: use cpp syntax.
> ; e.g.: -I/home/joe/doe -I/home/mary/roe
> include =
> ; e.g.: -DI_Want_Cookies -DMe_Too
> define =
>

> ; RUN CONTROL PARAMETERS
> integrator = md
> ; Start time and timestep in ps
> tinit = 0
> dt = 0.001
> nsteps = 50000000
> ; For exact run continuation or redoing part of a run
> init_step = 0
> ; Part index is updated automatically on checkpointing (keeps files
> separate)
> simulation_part = 1
> ; mode for center of mass motion removal
> ; energy calculation and T/P-coupling frequency
> nstcalcenergy = -1
> comm-mode = Linear
> ; number of steps for center of mass motion removal
> nstcomm = 1
> ; group(s) for center of mass motion removal
> comm-grps =
>

> ; LANGEVIN DYNAMICS OPTIONS
> ; Friction coefficient (amu/ps) and random seed
> bd-fric = 0
> ld-seed = 1993
>

> ; ENERGY MINIMIZATION OPTIONS
> ; Force tolerance and initial step-size
> emtol = 10
> emstep = 0.01
> ; Max number of iterations in relax_shells
> niter = 20
> ; Step size (ps^2) for minimization of flexible constraints
> fcstep = 0
> ; Frequency of steepest descents steps when doing CG
> nstcgsteep = 1000
> nbfgscorr = 10
>

> ; TEST PARTICLE INSERTION OPTIONS
> rtpi = 0.05
>

> ; OUTPUT CONTROL OPTIONS
> ; Output frequency for coords (x), velocities (v) and forces (f)
> nstxout = 100000
> nstvout = 50000
> nstfout = 0
> ; Output frequency for energies to log file and energy file
> nstlog = 1000
> nstenergy = 2000
> ; Output frequency and precision for xtc file
> nstxtcout = 2000
> xtc_precision = 1000
> ; This selects the subset of atoms for the xtc file. You can
> ; select multiple groups. By default all atoms will be written.
> xtc-grps =
> ; Selection of energy groups
> energygrps = protein
>

> ; NEIGHBORSEARCHING PARAMETERS
> ; nblist update frequency
> nstlist = 10
> ; ns algorithm (simple or grid)
> ns_type = grid
> ; Periodic boundary conditions: xyz, no, xy
> pbc = xyz
> periodic_molecules = no
> [...]

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.