[gmx-users] compiling GPU 4.5b2, CUDA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES function is undefined

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 4 16:38:52 CEST 2010

Dear Szilárd and Rossen:

I have attempted with gcc4.4.0 and I got the same result. I can verify
that cmale/FindCUDA.cmake exists and contains the MARCO for
CUDA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES but it seems that this library is not, for
some reason, getting loaded in by at least
kernel/gmx_gpu_utils/CMakeLists.txt because if I add that macro to
that file then the error disappears.

Thank you,
Chris.

## what I did:

module purge
module load gcc/gcc-4.4.0
module load cmake/2.8.0  #need version >=2.6.4
module load cuda/cuda-3.1
mkdir gpuexec
export
OPENMM_ROOT_DIR=/project/pomes/cneale/GPC/exe/OpenMM2.0-Source/exec/openmm
cmake /project/pomes/cneale/GPC/exe/intel/gromacs-4.5-beta2/src
-DGMX_OPENMM=ON -DGMX_THREADS=OFF
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$(pwd)/gpuexec -DLIB_INSTALL_DIR=$(pwd)/gpuexec

## output

CMake Error at kernel/gmx_gpu_utils/CMakeLists.txt:18
(CUDA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES):
   Unknown CMake command "CUDA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES".

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
   No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

     cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

   should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
   if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
   information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

PS I also tried without -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$(pwd)/gpuexec
-DLIB_INSTALL_DIR=$(pwd)/gpuexec and got the same thing.

Also, sorry for the repost, I was trying to change the subject line to
something more representative.

Thanks,
Chris.