[gmx-users] Re: Resilin Project

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 5 01:26:23 CEST 2010

You've basically got the idea.  As a subtle point, the "strength" of a method is
completely user-defined (by the tau_p parameter, how frequently the temperature
is coupled).  No one method is "stronger" than another, but it is correct to say
that the Nose-Hoover thermostat produces a rigorous NVT ensemble.  When used
with Parrinello-Rahman for pressure control, a rigorous NPT ensemble is produced.

If I remember our discussion correctly, you want to fix one end of the molecule
and pull on the other, correct?  If so, your pull_group0 will be the residue at
one end of the protein (N- or C-terminus, depending on how you set it up), and
pull_group1 will be the other terminus.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate