[gmx-users] Can gromacs automatically divided trajectory file into several parts during the simulation process?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 5 12:59:23 CEST 2010

张春雷 wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am now try to do a long-time all atom simulation. The trajectory file
> is expected to be larger than 20G bytes. However, my simulation is run
> on a cluster which only allows me to store 5G bytes file. Therefore, I
> attempt to divided the trajectory file into several parts but not
> interrupt the simulation. Does anyone know how to do?

If you move files around or delete them, mdrun should fail with a fatal error.
Run your simulation in manageable pieces.  The checkpointing capability of
Gromacs 4 makes extending a simulation trivial.

Otherwise, reduce your output:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Reducing_Trajectory_Storage_Volume

-Justin

> Many thanks!