[gmx-users] installation problem fftw3 gromacs 4.5.b2

Alpay Temiz alpay.temiz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 22:10:05 CEST 2010

Hi all

I am trying to install the latest version. I have installed fftw3 with
-enable float and enable thread options, but I am still getting a fftw3
error.
the fftw/lib location has all these files:
 libfftw3f.a          libfftw3f_threads.la*  libfftw3_threads.la*
../         libfftw3f.la*        libfftw3.la*           pkgconfig/
libfftw3.a  libfftw3f_threads.a  libfftw3_threads.a

my config command is below:

[temizna at abcc1 gromacs-4.5-beta2]$  ./configure
--prefix=/users/n2000546794/temizna/gromacs.4.5.b2 --program-prefix=452
--enable-double  --enable-mpi  --with-x

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gawk... gawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking for cc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
checking for mpxlc... no
checking for mpicc... mpicc
checking whether the MPI cc command works... yes
checking for MPI_IN_PLACE in collective operations... yes
checking for catamount... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... mpicc -E
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -O3... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -msse2... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -funroll-all-loops... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -std=gnu99... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -fexcess-precision=fast... no
checking whether mpicc accepts  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions
-Wall -Wno-unused -msse2 -funroll-all-loops -std=gnu99... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking that size_t can hold pointers... yes
checking for SIGUSR1... yes
checking for pipes... yes
checking floating-point format... IEEE754 (little-endian byte and word
order)
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for ld used by mpicc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of mpicc... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... mpicc -E
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from mpicc object... failed
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if mpicc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for mpicc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if mpicc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if mpicc static flag -static works... yes
checking if mpicc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the mpicc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by mpicc... /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the mpicc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking for mpicc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if mpicc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if mpicc static flag -static works... no
checking if mpicc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the mpicc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files... no
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking for fftw3.h... yes
checking for main in -lfftw3... no
configure: error: Cannot find fftw3 library
[temizna at abcc1 gromacs-4.5-beta2]$ echo $LDFFLAGS
-L/users/n2000546794/temizna/software/fftw/lib
[temizna at abcc1 gromacs-4.5-beta2]$ echo $CPPFLAGS
-I/users/n2000546794/temizna/software/fftw/include