[gmx-users] Mix two solvents

André Farias de Moura moura at ufscar.br
Tue Aug 10 20:34:57 CEST 2010

dear Rob,

you can manually edit one of the gro file to increase the length in one
direction by an arbitrary amount, then use genbox:

genbox -cp <edited file> -cs <the other gro file>

(I just did that with water and methanol from the gromacs tutorials,
works just fine)

maybe set -vdwd to an adequate value to prevent insertion of molecules
of second type on the wrong side of the box...

cheers,

Andre