[gmx-users] trying to install gromacs on linux single processor

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Thu Aug 12 11:50:45 CEST 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:01:31 +0530
Anamika Awasthi <aawasthi28 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello all,
>
>  I am trying to install new version  of gromacs on linux single
> processor, getting this error
>  ./configure --enable-threads --enable-float
> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: newly
> created file is older than distributed files!
> Check your system clock

So do what is said - your system clock time is incorrect.

To fix this, run

# date [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]

or, you can just fetch the time from a NTP server with

# ntpdate 0.pool.ntp.org
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi