[gmx-users] Re: gromacs from git source and openmm failed

Rossen Apostolov rossen.apostolov at cbr.su.se
Thu Aug 12 15:03:25 CEST 2010

  Hi,

On 8/12/10 2:43 PM, Alan wrote:
> Thanks Rossen,
>
> > Try it again with the latest release-4-5-branch, Erik added a lot of
> fixes.
>
> Indeed, when I did my report *was* with Erik's mods, which I am
> afraid, was what broke the compilation.
>
> I am using 'git log':
>
> Author: Rossen Apostolov <rossen at cbr.su.se <mailto:rossen at cbr.su.se>>
> Date:   Thu Aug 12 11:20:18 2010 +0200
>
>     Fixed a reverted version string in configure.ac <http://configure.ac>

You have compiled the master branch.

During the current release stage all development work and fixes first go
in the release-4-5-patches branch, as I wrote. Later those fixes will be
merged in the master.

Since you have already cloned the repository, you should do:

$ git checkout -t origin/release-4-5-patches

This branch is under heavy development so it may not even compile
sometimes. Do regular $ git pull to keep updated.
> BTW, is there simpler way to say the "revision number" in git like
> 'svn info'?
If you run

$ git log -n 1
commit 617c955b9154e2361b3240ede285f3094e5dc621