[gmx-users] How to do Energy minimization and MD of protein-new ligand complex

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Aug 21 14:19:24 CEST 2010

priyabrata panigrahi wrote:
> I am new to Gromacs. I have a protein where ligand  is bound to it. I
> got this complex after carrying out docking of ligand to protein.The
> ligand is new. So no topology and parameter files are available. At
> first i want to carryout energy minimization of this complex and then I
> want to find out how ligand interacts with the protein active site
> residue by carrying a MD simulation. So can anyone guide me how to
> proceed. It would be a great help
>
> Thanks

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Tutorials

Of particular interest is the "GROMACS tutorial for drug - enzyme complex."  But
before you proceed with collecting your own data following this procedure,
please see here:

http://www.gromacs.org/index.php?title=Download_%26_Installation/Related_Software/PRODRG#Tips

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate