[gmx-users] please, how edr data is xdr packed?

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva awilter at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Aug 22 13:14:34 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I am trying to use python xdrlib module to read edr files but not knowing
how the data is packed using the xdr protocol makes my work very difficult,
if not impossible.

Would someone kindly tell me how data is packed in the edr file? Or where it
is the gromacs code so I can try to figure out a way?

I've read http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1832.html and for reference, see
topic "6. AN EXAMPLE OF AN XDR DATA DESCRIPTION".

My other option would be using a parsing code to read g_energy output but
this seems very silly.

Many thanks in advance,

Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.