[gmx-users] Fatal error:There is no domain decomposition for 8 nodes that is compatible with the given box and a minimum cell size of 6.62125 nm

zhongjin zhongjin1000 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Aug 26 04:35:20 CEST 2010

Hi,
  I am doing a minimization in GMX 4.5-beta3. The system includes 256 DPPC and  9899 SOL. I used a command:
 mdrun -v -deffnm min
Then an error occured,
Program mdrun_mpi, VERSION 4.5-beta3
Source code file: domdec.c, line: 6428
Fatal error:
There is no domain decomposition for 8 nodes that is compatible with the given box and a minimum cell size of 6.62125 nm
Change the number of nodes or mdrun option -rdd
Look in the log file for details on the domain decomposition

And then I try another command :
 mpiexec -n 8 mdrun_mpi -deffnm min </dev/null
The same error occured.

 What's wrong? I have never come across such a error  in GMX 4.0.7. Anybody could help me ? Thanks!
 Zhongjin He