[gmx-users] Flat energy profile in g_wham

alexander yakovenko yakovenko_a at ukr.net
Sat Aug 28 01:31:19 CEST 2010

Hi all!
there is a question about g_wham from gmx 4.0.5. I am integrating trajectory of dissociation of protein-DNA complex. All goes well but PMF profile from g_wham looks as straight  line. Double check of pullf and pullx files showed that mdrun worked properly, forces are OK and reasonably distributed. It looks like g_wham can't sample data properly or I do something wrong. My pull code:

    pull           = umbrella
pull_geometry  = distance
pull_dim       = Y Y Y
pull_start     = yes
pull_ngroups   = 1
pull_group0    = dna
pull_group1    = rot
pull_init1     = 0.0
pull_rate1     = 0.0

    pull_k1        = 1000  Output of g_wham:

    # This file was created Fri Aug 27 16:07:45 2010
# by the following command:
# g_wham_d -it ug5d_it.dat -if ug5d_if.dat
#
# g_wham_d is part of G R O M A C S:
#
# Grunge ROck MAChoS
#
@    title "Umbrella potential"
@    xaxis label "z"
@    yaxis label "E (kJ mol\S-1\N)"
@TYPE xy
3.105821e+00      0.000000e+00
3.122188e+00      -1.690245e+03
3.138555e+00      -1.690245e+03
3.154921e+00      -1.690245e+03
  ... and so on till end of file

Any help/ides/solutions are so appreciated!
Regards,
Alex