[gmx-users] Help on data anaysis in g_rdf and g_dist

teklebrh at ualberta.ca teklebrh at ualberta.ca
Sat Aug 28 02:05:53 CEST 2010

Dear Justine,

> As for the distance, have you corrected for PBC? Are you analyzing
> the molecules that you think you are?

No, I did not correct for the PBC. How can I do that. And what is the
purpose of that in the g_dist calculation.

Yes,

I just look at the last frame of my simulation and correctly
identified the two residues that form aggregates using the sequence
viewers in VMD. and I developed my index file based on these two. I
got the residue name and check the group atoms that constitute in the
polyaromatic ring of these two molecules and calculated the g_dist for
ONLY those two molecules in the last 1ns.

> By default, RDF is done based on atoms, so all atom-atom distances
> will be plotted as part of the RDF. If you want a molecule-based
> RDF, see the options for the -rdf flag.

Yes, I understand that the choise of atom based or molecule based but
when you said atom-atom based is that for only two molecules or the
entire 24 molecules in the system ( means the two that form aggregates).

Thank you for you help Justine

Rob