[gmx-users] Flat energy profile in g_wham

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Aug 30 01:31:02 CEST 2010

alexander yakovenko wrote:
>   Hi Justin!
> Thank you for replay. My histogram (can send if required) consists of 13
> windows (0.1 and 0.2nm sampling) and look like two peaks (with
> amplitudes 3-4e+2) separated with a valley of 1.2-1.5e+2 (my protein has
> two sub-domains so should be OK) and smallest overlap between windows is

I don't understand this description.  How can 13 windows produce only two peaks?

To post an image, please see bullet point #4 here:

http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists#Mailing_List_Etiquette

> 1e+2 by amplitude. So I am expecting something like M-shaped PMF profile
> instead of flat line. Can the problem be in directions of pulling code
> as I am using a distance as reaction coordinate, not an axis?

In principle, you should be able to pull any which way you like, so I don't see
that as a problem.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate