[gmx-users] Flat energy profile in g_wham

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Aug 30 21:53:52 CEST 2010

Alexander, please post the following:

1. force constants for your plot at
http://picasaweb.google.ca/117558205101329348732/G_wham#5511287294315721970
NOTE: if they are all 1000 as in your first post, then you have a
problem in your sampling.

2. units for your x-axis in the plot mentioned in part 1, above (i.e.
angstroms or nanometers?)

3. convert one (only one) of your sampling probability histograms to
an energy histogram and debias it (without using wham). To convert to
energy, take each histogram bin and apply E=-kB*T*ln(P). Now debias by
subtracting E_rest=0.5*Fc*(r-r0). You will have noise at each end, but
what about the middle part, is it flat or not? Post a picture of this
please.

Chris