[gmx-users] Re[9]: Flat energy profile in g_wham

alexander yakovenko yakovenko_a at ukr.net
Tue Aug 31 20:38:11 CEST 2010

Yep, my case is b  :(... Gromacs do writes pullx as ref COM global coords and pull COM displacement. And I still don't realize what is force value in pullf but it gives identical results for both -if and -ix options of g_wham. And g_wham do works OK at least for 2 waters separation in 0.3-1nm scale... probably my run should produce snaps more frequently, say each ps... will try this.
Regards,
Alex

  Sorry Alex, but there is no good substitute what I have already
suggested. I helped you find a lead and I suggested a way to simplify
your system to discover what is going on. Now it's up to you to do
that work.

It might end up being a bug, but I doubt it. I have done things
similar to what you are doing and have no problems. And even if it is
a bug, then the developers will need you to find a simple version of
the problem in any event.

Make the water box, pull two waters, try to match up the force and
energy values from your pull output files.

Note that you have forgotten the 1/2 factor in your energy function so
there is no factor of 2 in your force. Also, the force is the negative
derivative. Check the manual for the exact equations.

Chris.