[gmx-users] Re: individual lateral diffusion coefficients

Ángel Piñeiro angel.pineiro at usc.es
Thu Dec 2 13:56:43 CET 2010

Hi Javier
1.- you are right! the diff_mol.xvg file I reported was from a previous
attempt in which I used the whole lipid molecules with the -mol option
on, instead of the PO4 beads with -mol off. Sorry for this confusion

2.- As I said above, I did attempts using both the whole molecule and
the PO4 beads. Yes I saw the figure 6 in the Wolhert &Edholm's paper but
I read in several other references that the calculation is more accurate
by using only the P atom... what makes sense to me mainly for the lipids
which are in contact with proteins

3.- I agree that removing jumps does not change anything. I decided to
give this information in my message to avoid a reply saying "try to
remove jumps" ;)

4.- Yes I agree that I could do the calculation by creating an index for
each lipid... I guess that is the safest way to proceed...

Thanks for your reply!

Ángel.