[gmx-users] .pqr to .pdb

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Dec 2 15:28:56 CET 2010

mohsen ramezanpour wrote:
> Dear Tsjerk
>
> some information exist in pdb file which are not peresent in pqr and
> vise versa.
> I want to convert them to eachother in a way to conclude one's
> information to the other file.
> as you know a typical pdb file has a definite colomns and each of them
> present a definite charachter(for example charge,X-coordinate,...)

Charges are not typically in .pdb files, and they certainly don't precede the
x-coordinate.

> my pqr has more atoms than original pdb,but It dosen't have any coordinates.

Then it sounds like you have a useless .pqr file.  The format of a proper .pqr
file is identical to that of a .pdb file, except that in place of B-factor and
occupancy fields, the charge and radius are given.  Thus, what Tsjerk told you
should work, but perhaps you have a mangled input file that makes this impossible.

-Justin

> besides converting as you said dosen't solve the problem,because PYMOL
> can not read this converted file.it <http://file.it> needs a file who
> has included atoms coordinates
>
> thanks in advance for your reply
> Mohsen
>
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Tsjerk Wassenaar <tsjerkw at gmail.com
> <mailto:tsjerkw at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey,
>
>     For this particular conversion you can also usually use 'mv':
>
>     mv file.pqr file.pdb
>
>     Btw, many of these file types are human readable. It usually helps
>     quite a bit to look at the files and get acquainted with the file
>     formats.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Tsjerk
>
>>     On Nov 22, 2010 12:42 PM, "Mark Abraham" <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
>>     <mailto:Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 22/11/2010 10:16 PM, mohsen ramezanpour wrote: > > Dear  All >
>>     > I had a pdb file who was incompl...
>>
>>     Ask it for a pdb format. There should be no tool that builds atoms
>>     that cannot write a standard file format like PDB - particularly
>>     as PQR is a derivative of PDB.
>>
>>     Oh, and this is a bit off-topic for this list :-)
>>
>>     Mark
>>     --
>>     Please search the archive at
>>     http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!
>>     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
>>     interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>>     <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>.
>>     Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists
>
>     --
>     Please search the archive at
>     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>     www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar