[gmx-users] proton proton transfer

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Dec 2 16:31:47 CET 2010

Olga Ivchenko skrev 2010-12-02 13.30:
> Dear gromacs users,
>
> I want to simulate proton transfer between water and another small
> molecule in gromacs. In the end I should have the velosity of proton
> proton exchange. Please can you advice me which method is better to
> use for this in gromacs.
> I read about umbrella sampling, but may be there is other techniques?
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Olga
I am working on a protocol to include proton transfer in classical
gromacs simulations. Unfortunately it will note be ready for at least a
month, so if you're in a hurry you'll have to do it with e.g. QM/MM.

Erik

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 4537        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se/