[gmx-users] Ramachandran plot for non standar residues

Rebeca García Fandiño regafan at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 16:52:37 CET 2010

Hello,
I am trying to calculate the Ramachandran plot for a molecules based on non-standar aminoacids, parametrized with the Gaff force field and simulated with Gromacs 4.0.7.
When I try using g_rama -f trajectory.xtc -s topology.tpr -o rama.xvy
I get: Found 0 phi-psi combinations.

I suppose the problem is the nomenclature of my atoms, since I don´t have any CA named atoms.

Is there any way to calculate g_rama for non-standar residues defining the atoms I need?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best whishes,

Rebeca Garcia
Santiago de Compostela University