[gmx-users] Restraining water

Oliver Grant olymacfoogal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 13:39:30 CET 2010

I would use grep and cut to take the atom numbers of the residues I want to
restrain and direct them into an index file with [res_sol] at the top. Then
use genrestr to generate restraints for these atoms using the -n option.
Then conditionally include this restraint file (.itp file) in my topology
when you use -DPOSRES_res_sol (or whatever just make it match what's in the
top file) in your mdp file.

Thats how I would put position restraints on parts of my system. I think
different constraints are answered here too :)
Good luck,
Oliver