[gmx-users] Energy-groups?

nishap.patel at utoronto.ca nishap.patel at utoronto.ca
Mon Dec 6 20:31:38 CET 2010

Quoting "Justin A. Lemkul" <jalemkul at vt.edu>:

Thanks Justin! I do want the non-bonded potential between my solute
and solvent. So in my .mdp file I put my solute and solvent as
energygrps and ran mdrun using this command:
   mdrun -s md1.tpr(including energygrps) -rerun md.xtc (my trajectory)

Is that correct? I don't understand how it would be faster or any
different from running the simulation from scratch, because in my .mdp
file it still has time of 100ns. I just modified the energygrps.