[gmx-users] Reg: Surface tension of water

vinothkumar mohanakrishnan kmvinoth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 11:21:16 CET 2010

Hi all

I want to calculate the surface tension of water using SPC model of water. I
searched the mailing list and there is no post on the surface tension of
water.I performed md simulation of 482 molecules of water in a triclinic
box. I got the average surface tension value of water (300K) as 38.3299 bar
nm which is 3.832 mN/m where as the experimental surface tension value is
71.6 mN/m. why my surface tension value is very low and what is the reason?
any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Vinoth