[gmx-users] what is the "nicelevel" ?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Dec 7 22:17:02 CET 2010

GZ Zhang wrote:
> Hi, ALL
>
>      I'm using "genbox" to create a water box. There is a flag called
> "-nice" which is described to be used to set the nicelevel.
> What is nicelevel ? What does the default value "19" mean ? What if I

Google is your friend here.

> would like to increase the decimal places (the default
> is 3) of all numbers. Thanks.

All numbers?  In what way?  Are you still talking about genbox?  I guess that
would apply to -vdwd and -shell.  You can set as many decimal places as you
like, but you're limited in the end by the precision in which Gromacs was
compiled as to how many actually matter.

-Justin

>      Regards,
>      Guozhen

Justin A. Lemkul