[gmx-users] NVE simulation and pressure scaling in one dimension and constant size simulation in another.

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 8 03:34:59 CET 2010

zhongjin wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I want to know how to set a NVE simulation ? Now I can do a NVT or NPT simulation.

tcoupl = no
pcoupl = no

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/NVE

>     How to realize pressure scaling in one dimension and constant size simulation in another? For example,the simulation box size in the z-direction was adjusted to maintain the constant pressure, while the box size in xy-directions was constant. Should I set compressibility = 0 in the xy-direction or set tau-p = 0 in the xy-direction, or ref-p = 0 in the xy-direction ? Thanks !

Setting the compressibility to zero should work.  You can very easily determine
this yourself rather than waiting for someone to tell you.  Even a very short
test would suffice - either the box vector changes or it doesn't.

-Justin

>   Zhongjin He

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate