[gmx-users] g_protonate: Can't find ffgmx2 library files

Jon Kapla jon.kapla at mmk.su.se
Fri Dec 10 13:12:03 CET 2010

This still does not work.

I source the gromacs tree with GMXRC first. Then I set the GMXLIB to the
share/gromacs/top/. I have a custom ffgmx2.hdb (which works fine in
4.0.7) in my working directory to protonate united atom trajectories of
lipid bilayer simulations. So this is what I have:

$ echo $GMXLIB
/Volumes/gravensteiner/install/gromacs4.5.2/share/gromacs/top/
$ which g_protonate
/Volumes/gravensteiner/install/gromacs4.5.2/bin/g_protonate

And the error is exactly this:

Program g_protonate, VERSION 4.5.2
Source code file: futil.c, line: 891

Fatal error:
Library file ffgmx2 not found in current dir nor in your GMXLIB path.

And it stops, doing nothing. I get the same with version 4.5.3.

I'm open to more suggestions! :)

Regards
Jon