[gmx-users] extending simulations made with version 3.3.3

Anna Marabotti anna.marabotti at isa.cnr.it
Fri Dec 10 16:19:39 CET 2010

Dear all,
I conserved all the files produced sometimes ago with a simulation made with
Gromacs 3.3.3 installed on a cluster. I would like to prolonge this
simulation, but I have no longer access to that cluster, instead I can
access another cluster with Gromacs 4.0.X installed. What are the risks of
prolonging the simulation with another version of Gromacs on another
hardware? Would be the results reliable? Moreover, I don't have the .cpt
files, so I imagine I have to follow the old procedure, right? BTW: in the
.trr files I have, forces were saved together with coordinates, velocities
etc.

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Anna

Anna Marabotti, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Institute of Food Science, CNR
Via Roma, 64
83100 Avellino (Italy)
Phone: +39 0825 299651
Fax: +39 0825 781585
Email: anna.marabotti at isa.cnr.it
Skype account: annam1972
Web page: http://bioinformatica.isa.cnr.it/anna/anna.htm

"When a man with a gun meets a man with a pen, the man with a gun is a dead
man"