[gmx-users] What might be the process if we wanted to sim a peptide + a peptide?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Dec 10 18:30:48 CET 2010

swati shah wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for your support. I am new user of Gromacs. Can you provide some
> information about binding of peptides with the small molecule causing a
> PTM event?

Again, the question you ask is far too broad to really elicit a useful response.
  I know nothing about what you're trying to do, but this is not really the
forum for anyone to tell you how to do your research.

Usually, when one thinks of the influence of small molecules on
post-translational modifications (again, assuming that's what you mean by PTM),
the process involves some sort of event where the small molecule binds a
receptor or target enzyme, which may then become modified itself, and then exert
its effect (catalyze a reaction on a substrate).  Perhaps you can look at some
sorts of small molecule-enzyme binding and/or enzyme-substrate binding, but
certainly MD is not capable of modeling any sort of pathway, and classical MD
(as I said before) cannot handle any sort of reaction that might occur.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar